Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec19 View Post
    Several years ago my wife did a similar thing while vacuuming to a pair of Energy speakers. She felt so bad about it she allowed me to bring home a pair of Model 19's. And then A7-500's and then UREI 811A's. By then she was no longer feeling so bad. I was glad that I could help her feel better.
    Hopefully, somewhere in there you also bought her a new vacuum cleaner.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member voice of the theater's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2009
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

    Was she mad at your speakers and decided to "vacuum" them?

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    Hopefully, somewhere in there you also bought her a new vacuum cleaner.
    As a matter of fact, I did! It was kind of a win-win situation for both of us.
    I used to be known as "AltecFan" but now I'm "Altec19" . . .

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

    I hope you got her an Orick. Small but incredibly loud. Makes a good excuse for even bigger speakers.

  5. #15
    HB Super Moderator
    My wife blew up my 291 tweeters


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    I read somewhere shielded power cables can cause blown diaphragms,

    Took the words right off my finger tips :coffeedrinker: :lol:

  6. #16
    Senior Hostboard Member AltecLansingFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

    Here are 'some' people on this forum with a tiny little bit fun.

    But I think, yesterday night I had more fun than you all, unexpectedly she behaved like a teenager....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.